Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Moving Forward and Looking Back

A few years ago when I still lived in California, I worked at a warehouse up in San Jose, with a good friend of mine. It was, by all accounts one of the best jobs I've had. Driving things like forklifts, trucks, pallet jacks, and programming voting machines. One of the coolest things about the job was the fact that we all got to take our breaks at the same time. Most other places I've worked they stagger your breaks, which of course in the end, means that you are eating and chillin' alone. To add to all this, my friend Matt and I drove up and back together, and would give our friend Aharon a ride home. We would often end up talking about deep things in those car rides. It was good times.

Have you ever had a dream that you felt like was from God? Or one that you felt like God spoke to you in? My friend Aaron did. In fact, it brought him to faith in Jesus. It is a crazy story, and hopefully one that I will get to share with you guys soon. It is an awesome thing that God speaks. In fact he has always been speaking. Since the beginning God has been moving and working in the lives of people, speaking. The question is, are we listening?

The reason I bring this up is that soon we will be looking at the life of Joseph. He had a dream that started him on a journey. It took him through the betrayal of his brothers, slavery, prison, and to eventually becoming the second in command of one of the most powerful nations of that time.

But this next week we will be hanging out around the table, looking back, eating Italian food, and processing some of the things we've been talking about.

I've really enjoyed are time together over this last month. My prayer is that we would be able to love and encourage each other more and more as the weeks go on. So if you can think of ways to do this let us know because we want this to be a community that builds one another up. Peace. See you guys soon.

Josh

No comments: