Monday, May 5, 2008

Dining for LIFE (I said it right!)

Greetings from Germantown. When Dined for life this past week, and it was delicious. Josh and I arrived at the restaurant a little bit earlier to grab a table because the restaurant wasn’t answering when I called to make reservations. When Josh and I got there it took a while for them to acknowledge our presence. Once they decided to help us they seemed like they didn’t have enough seats for the 5 of us that would be eating together. As soon as some others from the thursday night crew arrived the waiter walked up to us and told us that a reservation had just canceled, and we were lucky to get seats at all. So praise God, we didn’t have to wait at all and got just enough seats despite me being slow to try to get reserve seating. During dinner Josh made it known as well that it was the best curry he had ever eaten in his LIFE. Soo if you like curry go to get it there. We missed everyone who was unable to join us at the Thai restaurant. Hopefully everyone had a good time where ever they were.

We are looking forward to this week and all that is in store. The discussions have been pretty encouraging, challenging and inspiring the past several weeks. Thanks everyone for joining in the thought process. I’m also looking forward to hearing any thoughts people might have on past things we have talked about. I have really enjoyed the time I get to spend with everyone. It’s been really refreshing.

Just a reminder as well, we are planning on starting the discussion on the podcast in about a week. So if you haven’t had a chance to listen to the amazingness of them all then I’d encourage you to do so before we meet in a week. There is a lot of information and ideas covered in them so it might help to write down thoughts. I always forget what I want to say when it is finally time to say it. I am excited to see people’s takes on these teachings and the ideas that will stem from them. Also excited to see how this summer we begin to engage in the community around us.

Until then Grace and Peace!
Chris

1 comment:

Tom said...

Could you repost the ones that we're supposed to listen to?